Adult Surgical (4 North Wing)
Download and print our brochure
UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
1250 16th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404
About Our Unit
Welcome to the Adult Surgical Unit. Our 26-bed facility provides patient-centered care to adults and adolescents who are recovering from surgery. We are committed to providing a healing and safe environment for our patients. Our multidisciplinary healthcare team works in partnership with patients and their families to design a personalized plan of care to achieve excellent outcomes.
About Your Stay
Our unit offers a 24-hour therapeutic environment supported by cutting-edge medical science, nursing and technology to assist in your recovery. A multidisciplinary team of physicians, registered nurses, clinical social workers, case managers, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists works collaboratively to provide you with compassionate and culturally sensitive care.
- We value your family as partners throughout your hospital stay and recovery. Unless cleared with the nursing staff, visiting hours are between 10 am and 8 pm. Visitors may be asked to leave the bedside to allow the nurse on duty to assess the patient.
- Children under the age of 18 may visit with a supervising parent or adult and may not be left unattended.
- To ensure a restful environment, please limit bedside visitors to a maximum of two persons at a time.
- Cell phones are permitted inside our private patient rooms. Please do not use cell phones while walking in the hallways, or in semi-private patient rooms.
- To protect patients' privacy, cameras and cell phone photography are not allowed in the hospital.
- Visitors should not use the bathrooms in patient rooms. Restrooms for visitor use are located nearby. Please ask a staff member for the exact location.
- The waiting area for visitors is located in the lobby adjacent to our unit.
- Please do not visit if you have a cold, cough, fever or the flu, or any other potentially contagious condition.
- Because some of our patients have neutropenia (low immunity due to a drop in white blood cell count), all visitors are asked to wash their hands before and after visiting patients. Please follow staff instructions for hand hygiene and any special precautions for patients in isolation.
- Neutropenic patients may not receive items with high-bacteria counts such as fresh flowers and fruit. Their meals will exclude high-bacteria foods such as uncooked fruit, vegetables, herbs and unpasteurized products.
- Visitors are not allowed to have meals in patients' rooms, though some beverages are allowed.
- Please do not allow children to crawl or play on the floor.
- Except for guide dogs and therapy dogs, no pets are allowed inside the hospital.
Please refrain from touching any medical equipment or devices in patients' rooms and allow sufficient space for our team members to access the equipment. Medically necessary procedures and tests cannot be postponed for visitor convenience.
If a patient needs ice, water, food and/or drinks from our nourishment room, please use the call light to ask our nursing staff to assist you.
To ensure quality of patient care and to promote a culture of safety, UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica has zero tolerance for disruptive or threatening behavior that affects patient or staff safety.
Overnight stays by family members are permitted in private rooms at the discretion of the unit director.
For more information, contact:
Assistant Unit Director