Step 1: Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Requirements
This page outlines the on-boarding requirements in which you must UPLOAD to your UCLA BOX Folder before you sign up for your On-Boarding Appointment. NOTE: You will NOT receive an email with a UCLA BOX Folder invite if you did NOT receive an "Approval" email to start the clearance process.
Please do NOT attend or sign up an on-boarding appointment if you are missing anything. Email us if you have any questions: NCV@mednet.ucla.edu.
Please do NOT drop off or email your application packet to our office unless specifically instructed in your "Approval" email. "Approval" emails are required to proceed to the STEP 2.
COVID-19 UPDATE: In accordance and support with the campus and health sciences guidelines, please see the following impacts and/or effect:
- On-Boarding will resume remotely, more information will be sent to applicants through Signup.com.
- All in-person and onsite volunteering are temporarily paused. We are taking this proactive measure for the safety of our volunteers and staff.
- Remote volunteering (restrictions apply) are optional for those eligible and have completed the clearance process. (VPN access are not permitted)
Paperwork and Forms | Training Certificates | Immunizations/Health Clearance Requirements
Paperwork and Forms
Below is a list forms you must PRINT, read over, complete, sign and BRING with you to your scheduled Non-Clinical Health Sciences Onboarding Appointment.
NOTE: Paperwork and forms must NOT be older than 6 months of your Onboarding Appointment, otherwise you will be asked to reschedule and re-complete them. .
- Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Checklist: please fill out and bring the checklist to ensure that you have EVERYTHING COMPLETED BEFORE you attend an Onboarding Appointment.
- UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Coversheet and Acknowledgment
- Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Agreement
- If you are a Current/Previous UCLA Employee, please complete: Employee-Volunteer Agreement Form
- Abuse Reporting Signature forms (3 pages)
- Patent Policy (Please read the policy, you will be completing the Patent Acknowledgment form in-person during your appointment)
- Sexual Harassment Information Sheet (Please read and keep for your reference)
- Tdap Declination Form
- Hepatitis B Declination Form
- COVID-19 Update: Forms to Complete For On-Boarding
- If you are under 18 years old, please complete:
- Minor Volunteer Forms
- Lab Only: Minor Volunteers in Labs and Shops Forms
Please complete the following training modules.
You will need to generate a temporary ID to complete the online training modules (generate after first online training). Make note of the ID number after doing the first training as you will need to use the same ID for all six modules. Once you complete the online trainings, a certificate will be generated (HIPAA will generate a confidentiality form which you will need to sign and bring with you). Click Here for Step-by-Step Instructions.
NOTE: Training Certificates must NOT be older than 6 months of your Onboarding Appointment, otherwise you will be asked to reschedule and re-complete them. Lab Safety Training Certificate should not be more than 12 months old. If it is, please provide the Refresher Training Certificate that is not older than 12 months.
PRINT the certificates and BRING them with you to your Onboarding Appointment:
- HIPAA Privacy and Information Security Training
- CICARE Annual On-Line Training
- Non-Clinical Volunteer Program Training (NOTE: this training is not available, therefore, until further notice, this will not be required for on-boarding)
- Radiation Safety: Radiation Hazard Awareness Training
- Encryption Policy: Use of Mobile Devices and Removable Media Policy Attestation
- If you are experiencing issues with opening any of the training modules, please try using the Internet Explorer browser.
- If you are experiencing issues with completing any of the training modules, please do NOT pause or fast-forward any videos.
- If you do not see your birth year when generating a TEMP ID, please use the most closest year available.
- Laboratory Safety Fundamentals Training from UCLA Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) (Only if you will be in a lab or with lab experiments)
Immunization/Health Clearance Requirements
Please complete the below forms only for Health Clearance Requirements.
1. Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap)
2. Hepatitis B Vaccine (Hep B)
3. Influenza Vaccine (Flu)
- Effective immediately, all volunteers within the Health Sciences Campus (including those in non-clinical assignments) are required to be compliant with the Influenza Vaccination requirement.
- If you are approved in your faculty's research operational plan to return to campus, then you are required to provide proof of Flu Vaccination: Medical documentation of ONE Influenza (Flu) Vaccine administered AFTER August 1 of the calendar year. (Only required during Flu Season, effective November 1 to March/April.)
- Flu Vaccine Documentation is required for those attending On-Boarding Appointments between mid-October and April