Wayfinders are student ambassadors. Wayfinders are stationed at hospital entrances and greet each visitor/patient along with providing wheelchair and escort assistance. Wayfinders must be friendly, proactive, and have good communication and customer service skills. 2-hour shifts are available Monday-Friday between 8:00am - 4:00pm. Due to the standing nature of this position, 4 hours will be rewarded for 2 hours of Wayfinding service.
Patient Transport assists in the Patient Transport office at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. They are responsible for discharging patients, assisting in transfers, and helping the patient transport staff. This is a great opportunity for students who would like to see all areas of the hospital and get clinical exposure. Shifts are available seven days a week.
Volunteers help deliver patient mail and newspapers and assist with clerical needs of the hospital. The assignments can change each shift depending on needs of department . Volunteers are assigned to the Volunteer Office for one, four-hour shift per week between 9:00 am - 4:00 am on Monday through Friday (weekends are not available).
You must complete 50 hours in the selected department before you rotate to another approved department.
What is the time commitment?
A minimum of 100 hours, volunteering four hours a week. Volunteers will design a schedule that best fits his or her availability.
Qualifications and Health Requirements
- Minimum age 16 years old.
- Agreement to volunteer for 100 hours; commitment of four hours per week.
- Proof of Varicella, MMR, QuantiFERON-TB GOLD blood test and be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19. Please click here for detailed information on health requirements.
- Proof of 2 dose vaccination of Pfizer or Moderna with 1 subsequent boosters OR
- Proof of 1 dose vaccination of Johnson & Johnson with 1 subsequent booster OR
- Proof of 1 bivalent booster
- A valid, government-issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID, passport, military ID
- Visa Status: Policies regarding non-immigrant visa holders wishing to volunteer are under review at this time. Currently, Volunteer Services is only able to process full-time UCLA matriculating students on F1 Visas.
Applying to the General Student Volunteer Program
Step 1: Sign-up for a MANDATORY Zoom Information Session.
Step 2: Applications will be emailed after the MANDATORY Information Session. Only those who attend the MANDATORY Information Session will receive an application. Complete online application (Please do not mail or drop-off application. It will not be accepted.)
Step 3: After Information Session, complete MANDATORY background check (discussed at Information Session)
Step 4: Complete and upload all required training modules and medical requirements by a certain date (discussed at Information Session).
Step 5: Attend MANDATORY Student Orientation.
Information Session and Orientation dates for College Students 2023-2024
|Zoom Information Sessions||In- Person Orientations|
|Fall 2023- FULL. Please register for next session.||
Session #1 October 4th
Session #2 - October 5th
Winter 2023- FULL. Please register for next session.
If you are unable to register, you will need to sign up for Spring 2024.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Session #1- January 10
Session #2 - January 11
Spring 2024- Registration will begin in early February. You may pre-register using the link below to receive more information.
Session #1- April 10
Session #2- April 11
Parking: Volunteer Services is unable to provide free parking for student volunteers.