Thank you for considering the UCLA Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine for your continued graduate medical education. The David Geffen School of Medicine Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative UCLA Thoracic Anesthesia/ Advanced Practice Program is a non- ACGME one-year program. Interviews are scheduled by invitation only. Your file will not be reviewed until your file is complete. There is no deadline.
All applicants must possess a valid California medical license prior to starting the fellowship program.
Application File Requirements:
- Completion of fellowship application (PDF)
- Three letters of recommendation by physicians who are familiar with you professionally and personally
- Dean's Letter
- A recommendation from your Anesthesiology Residency Program Director
- Medical School transcript (international graduates should include a notarized translation into English)
- Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications
- A Personal Statement
- Wallet-sized photo
- Copy of medical school diploma (or letter from medical school with official seal verifying date of graduation; international medical graduates should include a notarized translation into English)
- Applicant Evaluation Status Letter (if international medical graduate)
- Valid UNRESTRICTED State of California Medical License is required prior to start of fellowship. A postgraduate training license (PTL) will not be sufficient for completion of this fellowship.
- Valid DEA Certificate (if practicing)
- Copies of USMLE Step 1, 2, and 3 scores
- Honors obtained in medical school and membership in AOA
Please be aware that all candidates who are selected for the program must clear a security background check.
Please email the completed application and all supporting documents to:
Dr. Nir Hoftman
Director, Thoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship
Director, Thoracic Surgery Anesthesiology
Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine