A Board-Certified/Board eligible anesthesiologist with a valid California medical license may apply for the program.
The applicant must provide documentation of:
- M.D. or D.O. certificate from an LCME-accredited or D.O.-accredited institution
- Completion of training in anesthesiology in an RRC-approved program
- Documentation of current certification by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Completion of an AST/TEE application
- Copy of your CA medical license
- Copy of a valid DEA certificate
- Documentation of health and malpractice insurance
- A copy of resume/CV
- Application fee of $600 which is made out the UC Regents
Prior to appointment as a Fellow, the applicant must be appointed to the Medical Staff of the UCLA Hospital. Therefore, upon receipt of an approved initial candidate application package, the Department's Academic Personnel Office (APO) will notify the CVO to send the candidate a medical staff application. (Processing of application usually takes 3 - 4 months.) The Department's APO can assist the candidate on how to complete the application and review it for accuracy and completeness.
UCLA Medical Staff membership and privileges automatically terminates at the conclusion of the AST training period.
Application or inquiries should be directed to:
Administrator, Advanced TEE Training Program at UCLA
Address: 757 Westwood Plaza, Suite 3325; Mail-Code: 740330; Los Angeles, CA 90095-7403
Email: [email protected]
See also: Program Overview