The mission of the UCLA Family Medicine Residency Program is to train exemplary clinician leaders and educators who are able to provide care for patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings, with particular emphasis on the care of vulnerable and underserved patients and their communities.
Our program is an integral part of the Department of Family Medicine at UCLA and benefits from UCLA Health's broad geographic network of hospitals, clinics, and other facilities that stretches across the social, economic, and cultural breadth of one of the nation’s largest and most diverse cities. We offer our residents:
- A broad-based curriculum that includes rich inpatient and ambulatory care experiences, and reflects state-of-the-art community and evidence-based medicine and clinical care.
- In-depth and immediate exposure to UCLA's renowned abundant research and medical education resources for those inspired to pursue academic medicine.
- An expansive choice of community outreach opportunities, including mentorship programs in communities of greatest need, community health fairs, innovative health care delivery systems for our homeless and near homeless communities, and global health opportunities.
- A multitude of diverse experiences and the flexibililty to find and pursue their personal passions in medicine throughout all three years of training.
- Unparalleled leadership and teaching opportunities.
If you are looking for a top-tier residency training program, we invite you to take a closer look at our Family Medicine Residency Training Program and its offerings. We know you will find here academic and clinical rigor, outstanding professional and development opportunities, an enhanced and expanded commitment to caring for vulnerable and underserved communities, and a genuine appreciation for the incredible diversity and strength of our greater Los Angeles and California locations.
For more information, please visit UCLA Family Medicine Residency.