Our focus on performing epidemiological and outcomes research in inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) is motivated by a desire to better understand the factors that drive favorable or unfavorable clinical outcomes in IBD.
Several avenues of active investigation include the following domains:
- The effect of fatty liver disease on IBD
- Assessment of the impact of different diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms in IBD
- Identification and testing of novel therapies
- Tripathi K, Godoy-Brewer G, Thu Nguyen M, Singh Y, Saleh Ismail M, Sauk JS, Parian AM, Limketkai BN. COVID-19 and outcomes in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2022;28(8):1265-79
- Lowe SC, Sauk JS, Limketkai BN, Kwaan MR. Declining rates of surgery for inflammatory bowel disease in the era of biologic therapy. J Gastrointest Surg 2021;25(1):211-9
- Noorian S, Jeon Y, Nguyen MT, Sauk J, Limketkai BN. The impact of NAFLD on hospitalization outcomes in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases: nationwide analysis. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2021