UCLA Visiting Student Scholarship in Obstetrics and Gynecology for Outstanding Final Year Medical Students
The UCLA Department of OBGYN fourth year medical students for whom working with marginalized populations is a career interest to apply to do a clinical elective at UCLA to experience our culture of excellence, purpose and community at UCLA. We pride ourselves in serving one of the most diverse cities and strive to provide the highest quality care to all women. We are dedicated to fostering workforce diversity at every level in the department.
- Two awards are available as a $2000 stipend (taxable) to offset some costs such as the elective fee, travel, and lodging to Los Angeles
- The Student Scholar will spend a 3-week sub-internship on either High Risk Obstetrics or Complex Family Planning rotations.
- You will be assigned to a resident and faculty mentor to communicate with during your time at UCLA
- You will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the OBGYN Program Director (Dr. Oberman), or the Assistant Program Director (Drs. Fahey or Rana)
- Students must be in their MS4 year and applying into OBGYN during the 2021-2022 application cycle
- Students must be in good academic standing at a U.S. medical school
- A complete VSAS application must be submitted for the elective(s)
- Students must select a rotation date between July - October 2021
- Students who are actively involved in promoting activities in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
How to Apply
- Complete the VSAS form.
- Select elective(s).
- Submit the separate Visiting Scholarship in OBGYN Form (Application Submission).
- Deadline for application is May 30th, however early applications are encouraged.
General Administrative questions regarding VSAS: [email protected]
Questions regarding the electives: OBGYN Medical Education Team, [email protected]
Questions regarding the scholarship: Dr. Lisa Nicholas, Vice Chair for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion for UCLA Obstetrics and Gynecology, [email protected]