The IAC provides both standardized and customized multi-parameter flow cytometry, immunoassays and functional assays to evaluate the innate and adaptive immune status of study subjects in a CLIA-certified environment. Click on the links below for an overview of the services provided:
Flow cytometry provides insights into immune cell composition, cellular functions and biomarker expression to understand disease mechanisms and responses to therapy. Our core is equipped with BD LSRFortessa Cell Analyzer, and FDA-approved FACSCanto II flow cytometers to perform flow cytometry analysis. Most services are available in a CLIA-certified environment and can be used for patients’ diagnosis. The IAC is also able to develop and perform custom immunophenotyping and functional assays based on the investigators’ needs.
- Immunophenotyping (up to 18 colors)
- Intracellular cytokine staining (ICS) of polyclonal and antigen-specific lymphocytes
- Direct and indirect allo-recognition
- Lymphocyte proliferation to mitogens and antigens
- Natural killer (NK) cell cytotoxicity
- Oxidative burst
- Custom immunophenotyping and functional assays
- Assisted flow cytometry acquisition
We offer standardized immunoassays for cytokines, chemokines, growth factors, metabolic hormones, signaling molecules and disease biomarkers. We perform immunoassays on the Luminex platform, ultra-sensitive immunoassay (Simoa) as well as standard ELISA.
- Luminex Multiplexed Immunoassays
- Cytokines/chemokines/growth factors (up to 38 for human and 32 for mouse)
- Signaling molecules
- Custom panels
- Ultra-sensitive Immunoassay (Simoa HD-X)
- Cytokines/chemokines/growth factors
- Markers in neurological disorders: Nf-light, TAU, P-TAU
- Custom panels
- Cytokines/Growth factors: IL-6, BAFF, BDNF, IGF-1, VEGF
- Hormones: Prolactin, Adiponectin, Procalcitonin
- Acute phase proteins: C-reactive protein (CRP), serum amyloid A (SAA)
- Complement components: C4, C1-inhibitor
- Other biomarkers: IL-33R (ST2), HMGB1, Galectin-3
- Custom assays
All immunoassays performed by the IAC are customizable to fit the different needs and interests of our client investigators. Please contact us for inquiries into assay development and customizations.
The ACEA xCELLigenceTM Technology uses a microelectronic biosensor system to monitor cellular events in real time without the incorporation of labels. The instruments measure electrical impedance across interdigitated micro-electrodes integrated on the bottom of its special tissue culture plates. xCELLigence comprises a measurement unit housed within a standard tissue culture incubator. It continuously monitors electrical impedance over the entire time period (30 minutes to 72 hours) of the experiment to obtain dynamic real-time data. The real-time impedance measurement improves on conventional endpoint assays and provides quantitative information about the biological status of the cells, including cell number, adhesion, viability, and morphology. xCELLigence has wide applications, most notably in the measurement of drug or cell mediated cytotoxicity, virus-mediated cytopathogenicity, cell proliferation, cell adhesion and migration. The IAC is equipped with the xCELLigence RTCA MP System and the xCELLigence RTCA DP System. Visit the ACEA™ website for a complete list of xCELLigence applications.
- Tumor-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte or NK cell killing
- Cell proliferation and/or proliferation inhibition
- Customized cell proliferation and cytotoxicity
Click here for Methods descriptions for papers and grant applications.