Lessons Learned from the Legacy for Children™ Research Study
Results revealed Legacy has a positive impact on children living in poverty, including: significant positive effects of the intervention on child IQ, child behavioral problems, and maternal-child behavior measured within the home environment.
Video abstract: The Legacy for Children™ randomized control trial: Effects on cognition through third grade for young children experiencing poverty.
- The Legacy for Children™ Randomized Control Trial: Effects on Cognition Through Third Grade for Young Children Experiencing Poverty
Presents the data on the impact of Legacy for Children™ on cognitive outcomes through age 8.
- A qualitative study of cultural congruency of Legacy for Children™ for Spanish-speaking mothers
Discusses the findings on cultural adaptations of the Legacy for Children™ UCLA curriculum for Spanish-speaking mothers.
- Behavioral and Socioemotional Outcomes Through Age 5 Years of the Legacy for Children Public Health Approach to Improving Developmental Outcomes Among Children Born Into Poverty
Provides information on the randomized controlled trials and the effectiveness of the Legacy for Children™ curricula through age 5.
- Legacy for Children™: A pair of randomized controlled trials of a public health model to improve developmental outcomes among children in poverty
Information on research study methods.
- Chapter 8: Supporting Early Social and Emotional Relationships through a Public Health Parenting Program: The Legacy for Children™ Intervention
Describes the Legacy for Children™ approach to prevent developmental delays associated with poverty by supporting positive parenting.
- News from CDC: The Legacy for Children™ parenting model, partnering to translate research to practice for children in poverty
An overview of the process of translating Legacy for Children™ research into practice.
- Maternal Perceptions of Parenting Following an Evidence-Based Parenting Program: A Qualitative Study of Legacy for Children™
Describes the findings on the effects of Legacy on mothers' views on parenting.
- Parent engagement in an original and culturally adapted evidence-based parenting program, Legacy for Children™.
Focuses on the cultural and language adaptation of the Legacy for Children™ curriculum with Spanish-monolingual mothers and identifies factors that influence engagement.
Supporting early brain development through parenting: A qualitative evaluation of changes in knowledge and practice among Spanish-speaking mothers participating in Legacy for Children™.
Describes changes in parenting knowledge and practices related to early development reported by Spanish-speaking Latina mothers who participated in the culturally adapted Legacy for Children™ Spanish program.
Legacy for Children™: A qualitative study of cultural congruency for Spanish-speaking mothers
Examines the translation and adaptation of the Legacy for Children™ program for Spanish-speaking mothers.