Given the strength of many of the subspecialty divisions within the Department of Surgery, UCLA serves as a site for several nationally regarded surgical courses, providing UCLA surgery residents with the opportunity to participate in advanced curricula including:
- Basic Endovascular Skills for Trauma Course- UCLA serves as an American College of Surgeons accredited course for Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta (REBOA.
- Advanced surgical skills for exposure in Trauma-This highly regarded annual course is held for research residents, in preparation for reimmersion in the clinical years.
- Annual subspecialty courses:
- UCLA/Society of Vascular Surgery Symposium
- Aortic Center Management of Aortic Disease Course
- Management of Liver Diseases Symposium