Apply Now for STREaM Graduate Fellowships at University of Buea Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Public Health and Hygiene
Position title: Graduate fellow (MPH and PHD positions available)
Application submission window: This application is now closed (previous submission window: August 1 to 31, 2022).
The objective of STREaM (the Sustainable Trauma Research, Education, and Mentorship Program) is to establish a cadre of graduate trainees with multidisciplinary expertise in injury prevention and control, trauma quality improvement, and quantitative methods that can address limitations posed by the time- dependent, dynamic, and incomplete nature of trauma-related data.
What is funded: This scholarship opportunity includes full tuition at the University of Buea for the MPH and PhD Public Health programs and a monthly stipend for the duration of the award. Scholarships will initially be awarded for a maximum of one year. Extensions will depend on satisfactory progress.
What the training entails: STREaM Trainees will undertake the regular coursework at the University of Buea as well as additional online trauma-specific and quantitative coursework through U.S. partner institutions at the University of California (Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Berkeley campuses). Trainees are also expected to undertake a trauma-related research thesis as part of their training, which will be mentored by a multidisciplinary STREaM mentorship team comprised of Cameroon and U.S faculty.
- Doctoral candidates must be holders of a Masters in Public Health, Epidemiology, Applied Statistics, Nursing, Environmental and Basic Sciences, Social and Behavioural Sciences or related disciplines.
- Masters candidates must be holders of a Bachelors degree in Medicine, Nursing, Applied Statistics, Environmental and Basic Sciences, Social and Behavioural Sciences, or related disciplines.
- All candidates must be interested in a career in injury control from a public health perspective. An injury/trauma related background will be added advantage.
- Admission into either the MPH or PhD public Health program at the University of Buea is required.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Candidate applies for admission into either the MPH or PhD Public Health program, via the University of Buea application portal found here: https://ubstudent.online/admission_programs
- Step 2: Immediately following the application in step 1, the candidate should apply for either the STREaM MPH or Doctoral Fellowship, by submitting a single file containing:
1) a 1-page motivation letter indicating their interest and/or past experience with trauma care and research; and
2) a current CV
3) a copy of the application submitted in Step 1 via email to: