UCLA Health TechQuity Accelerator
Investing in Innovation for an Equitable Future
TechQuity's purpose is to improve health outcomes in underserved and vulnerable patient populations by supporting mission-driven startups
UCLA Health is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in patient care. TechQuity offers an opportunity for early-stage companies at intersection of the clinical excellence and regional connectivity.
- ACCELERATE access to end users and leading clinical and public health experts.
- AMPLIFY diverse talents, assets, and infrastructure in Los Angeles and Southern California.
- SCALE community and investor network through personalized mentorship.
TechQuity is seeking companies providing diagnostic, preventative, or therapeutic solutions to any of these three barriers to health equity:
The COVID-19 pandemic strained an existing system fraught with challenges for those with geographic, linguistic, and/or financial limitations to access healthcare services.
Traditionally underserved communities will be the first to face the health, financial, and political consequences brought on by global climate change.
Mental Health and Youth Wellbeing
There is a paucity of resources available for low income and adolescent patients that help ensure long term care and treatment by mental health professionals.
Together with BioscienceLA, TechQuity is committed to building a diverse life science workforce by providing career-building opportunities for individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. Participants in the UCLA Health TechQuity Accelerator will be paired with student interns that will be subsidized by BioscienceLA, as part of its BioFutures Internship Program.
TechQuity seeks applications from teams with unique innovations to overcome any of the following barriers to equitable health outcomes across three themes: healthcare access, environmental justice, mental health and youth wellbeing. The purpose is to support underrepresented founders and to implement technologies that directly address health inequity among underserved and vulnerable patient populations to improve economic development and health equity in our region and beyond.
Teams should have evidence of commercial potential. This could include product proof of concept, working prototype, benchtop or preclinical data, or early user traction.
TechQuity welcomes applications from pre-seed and seed stage teams to apply from May 19 to July 31, 2023.
Check out the 2022 Inaugural Cohort
Innovation and Research
Your company is a good fit if:
- You are a team of passionate innovators seeking to transform healthcare.
- Your technology is a novel product or platform seeking to solve gaps in long term health exacerbated or created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You are able to allocate 4 – 6 hours per week for programming and bi-weekly personalized mentorship during the period of the program (10 weeks).
- You have at least an early working prototype and data validating your innovation. Your innovation is ready to pilot in the next 6 – 12 months.
Q: Does the UCLA Health Accelerator take equity?
A: UCLA health Accelerator is a zero-equity accelerator.
Q: Can my company participate from anywhere in the world?
A: TechQuity is an accelerator for US based companies.
Q: How do I apply to the TechQuity Accelerator?
A: Have your pitch deck and information about your product and company to apply here.
Q: When should I apply?
A: Our review process is rolling. As soon as you apply we review your application and communicate with you. The deadline for applications is July 31, 2023.
To learn more about the UCLA Health TechQuity Accelerator, contact: