Dr. May is a co-director of the David Geffen School of Medicine Global Health Education and Research Program. Her past experience in global health includes clinical work and research Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Uganda, Malawi, Tanzania and South Africa.
The May Laboratory is engaged in efforts throughout UCLA Health and the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA to educate medical students and trainees about global health and global health disparities.
The programs provide opportunities for medical students to do electives abroad, participating in health research and healthcare delivery at several international UCLA partner sites, including Thailand, Vietnam, India, China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Peru, Ghana, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa and Uganda.
- Knowledge, Risk Perceptions and Preventative Practices for Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Among Mexicans in Cuernavaca, Mexico; Varina Clarke and Ruth Miranda (MD Candidates)
- Cephalosporin Susceptibility in Commensal Neisseria Species in Vietnam; Huan Vinh Dong, MS (MD Candidate)
- Perspectives of Honduran Physicians and Nurses Concerning the Effective Implementation of Foreign Medical Aid Initiatives; Kara Faktor (MD Candidate)
- May FP, Anandasabapathy S. Globalization and Gastroenterology: A Role for Women in the American Gastroenterological Association. Gastroenterology. 2019 Dec 4
- Dong VH, Hoa NT, Minh NXB, Trung NV, May FP, Giang LM, Klausner JD. Antibiotic usage and commensal pharyngeal neisseria of msm in Hanoi, Vietnam. Sex Transm Infect; 93: A52-A5. July 2017.