- Wellness Webinars
- Yoga Therapy
- "The 31-Day Meditation Challenge" presented by DGSOM medical students, Saloni Gupta and Tanya Datta. This student-led initiative awarded 1st place at AIHM National Conference.
- 5 Easy Ways to Start Practicing Mindfulness Now; Feeling overwhelmed by Omicron? Spent too long doomscrolling? Try these mindfulness exercises to restore calm. "It prevents us from getting lost in these spirals of thinking that can lead to more anxiety," says Diana Winston, director of mindfulness education at the University of California Los Angeles' Mindful Awareness Research Center, which hosts educational workshops for the public. "We're trying to train our minds to have a little bit more stability."
- Integrative Mental Health in the time of Covid; Dr. Helen Lavretsky is Professor of Psychiatry, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA.
What Will the Future of Alzheimer Disease Treatment Look Like?; Dr. Helen Lavretsky is Professor of Psychiatry, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA.
- Ear Seeds: How this acupressure therapy may enhance your overall wellness - Everyday Health. Experet commentary from Dr. Grant Chu on what mechanism may be at play in using seeds for insomnia or anxiety.
In the News
- 09/29/2020 - An Opportunity for Growth Dr. Helen Lavretsky invites us to use the pandemic as a chance to build good habits, explore spiritual avenues, and start new routines. Dr. Lavretsky is Professor of Psychiatry, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA.
Scheduled Presentations & Professional Development Activities
- Sunday, June 20, 11am - 12pm (PST). DhIA Foundation - Neuroscience, Yoga Meditation & Mental Health: REGISTER HERE
Our objectives are as follows:
- to identify studies that meet criteria for being"evidenced based".
- to identify studies that have limitations.
- to identify ways our center might participate in clinical trials collaborating with other institutions.
- to discuss ways our treatment protocols, or recommendations to patients might be changed based on results of recent research studies.