Find your care
Head and Neck Surgery Videos: Questions Answered
Pediatric Otolaryngology Questions presented by Nina Shapiro, MD
- How do I know if a 'cold' is more than a cold?
- What do I do if my child snores loudly?
- What is the best way to treat a nosebleed with my child?
- I'm worried about choking hazards for my toddler. What are the common things that kids choke on?
- What are ear tubes? And how do they work?
- My child gets a lot of sore throats. Does he need his tonsils out?
- How do I know if my child has sleep apena?
Nasal and Sinus Disease Questions with Marilene Wang, MD
- I have sinus headaches all the time. What can I do about them?
- I keep on getting sinus infections. Is there anything I can do to prevent them?
- I had surgery for nasal polyps and they came back. Will another surgery get rid of them or do they always come back?
- I frequently have a runny nose and post-nasal drip. Is there anything that will help?
- I can't smell things very well anymore. What could be wrong?
- I can't breathe well through my nose. What could the problem be?
- My nose bleeds a lot and it takes a long time to stop. What can I do?
Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery Questions with Vishad Nabili, MD
- What is microvascular reconstruction?
- How does the flap work?
- Does the flap move?
- Can everyone get a free flap?
- What is the success rate for the flaps? And what happens if the flap fails?
- How long does microvascular surgery take?
- What is the future of microvascular reconstruction surgery?
Robotic Surgery Questions with Abie Mendelsohn, MD
- What is transoral robotic surgery, or TORS?
- I'm from out of state but I'd like to have the transoral robotic surgery at UCLA. How can I avoid making multiple trips?
- Is it true that with tonsil cancer I may still need radiation after robotic surgery?
- Are there any other choice besides radiation therapy for vocal cord cancer?
- I have sleep apnea but I can't wear the mask. Is surgery my only option to feel better?