Find your care
The UCLA cardiovascular team cares for all types of heart and vascular conditions. Call 310-825-9011 to connect with a cardiovascular customer care specialist.
Ahmanson-UCLA Cardiomyopathy Center
Patients with heart failure, cardiomyopathies or acute myocarditis, and ventricular dysfunction from valvular or coronary artery disease are evaluated to establish etiology of disease, possible reversibility of left ventricular dysfunction, optimal design of medical therapy, and, when indicated, eligibility for cardiac transplantation. The center offers all levels of subsequent follow-up care in collaboration with referring primary physicians according to their preference.
Referrals are encouraged for the following services:
- Complete evaluation of patients with new onset of heart failure
- Risk assessment of patients with chronic ventricular dysfunction
- Design of optimal medical regimen for patients with severe functional limitation
- Comprehensive heart failure disease management
- Evaluation of potential candidates for cardiac transplantation
- Evaluation of specific cardiomyopathy
Specific procedures available through this program include the following:
- Cardiac resychronization therapy
- Ventricular assist devices
- Implantable hemodynamic monitoring
- Endomyocardial biopsy
- Metabolic myocardial imaging with Positron
- Emission Tomography to guide revascularization in patients with low ejection fraction
- Invasive hemodynamic monitoring to tailor therapy for patients with refractory symptoms of heart failure
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing to assess aerobic functional capacity and determine activity prescription
- Genetic testing
Initial evaluations should be performed on an outpatient basis if possible, but arrangements can be made for inter-hospital transfers of severely ill patients who may benefit from the services available.
Phone line hours: 7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday