Find your care
Patients in our program consistently improve their health markers and make long-term lifestyle changes. To learn more about the Ornish Lifestyle Medicine Program, call 310-825-0014.
A blueprint for lifelong transformation
UCLA Health Ornish Lifestyle Medicine Program is a turnkey program, scientifically proven to reverse the progression of coronary heart disease in randomized controlled trials published in the leading peer-reviewed medical journals. Your patients will be trained by a team of health care professionals who integrate the best of traditional medicine and comprehensive lifestyle changes. Rapid results plus emotional support yield uncommonly high adherence to lifestyle changes, with a 87.9 % adherence rate one year after participation.
Potential health benefits for your patients participating in the program include:
- Reduced risk of cardiac events and their recurrence
- Regression of coronary artery stenosis
- Decreased size and severity of myocardial perfusion abnormalities
- Significantly greater exercise capacity
- Safe avoidance of surgical and percutaneous coronary revascularization procedures in eligible patients
- Improvements in LDL cholesterol, BMI, blood pressure, and fasting blood glucose
- Decreased frequency and severity of angina
Our program is now fully reimbursed by Medicare and other plans as Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation
Our nationally recognized program has been so effective in undoing years of damage to the heart that Medicare made the decision to cover it under a new benefit category-intensive cardiac rehabilitation, making it the first integrative medicine of its kind to receive this level of support.
Eligible Medicare beneficiaries will have experienced one or more of the following:
- Acute Myocardial infarction within the last 12 months (Heart Attack)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Current Stable Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (Balloon) or Coronary Stenting
- Heart or Heart-Lung Transplant
- Stable, Chronic Heart Failure – left ventricular EF of <35%
Physicians can refer patients by entering the referral portal in CareConnect or by calling (310) 825-0014.