Understanding Your Bill
You may receive more than one bill from UCLA Health. Here is how those services are broken up:
Hospital services on your statement include but are not limited to:
- Facility fee (for the use of our clinics and any ancillary services)
- Radiology (technical component)
- Laboratory tests
- Pathology tests (biopsies)
- Inpatient admissions
- Emergency room services
Questions about your hospital bill?
Visit our FAQ page or call Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Physician services on your statement include but are not limited to:
- Doctor visits
- Injections/vaccines administered in your doctor's office
- Tests or procedures performed in your doctor's office, including:
- Lung function tests (spirometry)
- Cleaning out ears (ear lavage)
- Pregnancy tests
Questions about your physician services bill?
Visit our FAQ page or call 310-301-8860 Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
How Billing Works
If you have health insurance, here is how the process works:
- We bill your health insurer (a health insurance company or government program) after you receive care.
- The bill, or claim, is usually processed within 30 to 45 days.
- If your health insurer asks for more information, please respond in a timely manner.
- Your health insurer pays us based on our contract.
- Your health insurer decides how much you may owe, based on the details of your plan.
For more about insurance, please visit the Health Insurance We Accept page.
If you do not have health insurance, the hospital or clinic staff will work with you and explain all of your options.