Learn more about enhancing the value of the care patients receive.
ValU Care Redesign in the News
The UCLA Health magazine U and the UCLA newsroom have featured our work several times:
- Robert A. Cherry, chief medical and quality officer at UCLA Health, discusses value, quality and our MOVERS strategy in Change Agent.
- In Finding the Right Path, UCLA Health experts describe why reducing unwarranted variations and establishing consistency are so important.
Other Coverage of Value in Healthcare
Adding value to healthcare goes beyond the walls of UCLA Health. For a look at the broader environment, read:
- "Modeling Financial Outcomes and Quantifiying Risk in Episode-Based Payment Models", an article that sought to develop a method to prospectively quanitfy the finanacial implications of value-based alternative payments.
- "The Strategy that will Fix Health Care", an article published in the Harvard Business Review that outlines the larger changes in healthcare and the need for value.
- IHI White papers from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, which cover topics such as value, quality, safety and patient satisfaction.
- "Financial Margins for Prostate Cancer Surgery: Quantifying the Impact of Modifiable Cost Inputs in an Episode Based Reimbursement Model", which seeks to quantify the impact of modifiable cost inputs on institutional financial margins in an episode based payment model for prostate cancer surgery.
- "Do Surgeons Win or Lose When Medicare Bundles Payments?", which explores whether "bundled payments" are good for hospitals, doctors, labs, therapists and other professionals providing care.