Departments inviting individuals to volunteer through the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Program should review the following Volunteer Guidelines to ensure that the proposed activities and roles are in compliant with UCLA policies and guidelines before proceeding to complete the Scope of Duties Forms:
- Required Commitments:
- Minimum duration of assignment is 3 months (90 days) AND 50 hours.
- Maximum duration of assignment is 24 months (2 year)
- Renewals are reviewed and granted on a case by case basis by the Volunteer Office. Additional forms will be required.
- Renewing volunteers/SRP should still submit an online Pre-Screening Application to ensure eligiblity is intact.
- Completion Certificates for the entire program requires a MINIMUM of 100 Hours and the RETURN of your Volunteer ID Badge to the Volunteer Office.
- You will need to recomplete to the entire clearance process if they are not able to provide service onsite for more than 120 days and require reinstatement of their active status.
- Parameters in which your prospective Assignment must follow:
- Duties must be performed ON-SITE at the Westwood/Santa Monica UCLA Campus. NO REMOTE or OFFLINE duties permitted.
- CANNOT include any type of training/practicum activity in which a professional certificate, degree (ex. MD), or license will be involved.
- CANNOT include shadowing/observing as part of their assignment or role (exceptions: Formalized Approved Shadowing Program designated shifts).
- CANNOT have shifts that are on an “on-call” or sporadic basis. Shifts for an assignment should be consistent and predictable (i.e. weekly, biweekly basis, etc.)
- CANNOT replace or supplant a paid position (including work-study or part-time paid positions).
- The Inviting Supervisor must be a current Career Employee of UCLA Health/Schools (CANNOT be a Work-Study, Per Diem/Temporary, Retired, Contractors, Casual/Restricted, or Float Pool Employee).
- Additional parameters may be required as each assignment is under a case by case review.
To proceed, please return to the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Program Homepage for more information.