- Upcoming Caregiver Bootcamps:
- Coming soon. Please continue checking for updates.
- Our Program is only offering online sessions for the time being.
- Our bootcamps are free and open to caregivers of any experience level.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
- Próximo taller para cuidadores en español:
- Febrero / Marzo de 2021
- Nuestro programa solo ofrece sesiones en línea por el momento.
- Nuestros talleres son gratuitos y están abiertos a cuidadores de cualquier nivel de experiencia.
Si tiene preguntas, por favor de enviar correo electrónico a [email protected]
According to the World Health Organization (2020), there are 50 million people living with dementia worldwide, a number that is expected to increase exponentially in the next several decades. Caregivers for persons with dementia often lack training and support, and they are prone to experiencing caregiver stress and burnout. Through the support of the Archstone Foundation, the UCLA Division of Geriatrics created a new model of improved training and support for caregivers of persons with dementia, developed in conjunction with the UCLA Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care (ADC) program. Through the education and training of caregivers, the program offers caregivers an individually tailored training path that includes one or more components depending upon the caregivers' needs. Our bootcamps provide an immersive day-long education session about Alzheimer’s and dementia and the tools that can help overcome the challenges that caregivers face. Another component of our program, the ICared Mobile App, is an application for your smartphone or tablet that connects you with information and resources that are tailored to your unique caregiver experience. For more information about our program please click on the blue button below.
Please contact us by email at [email protected] with any questions or comments.