What's the Student Interest Group?
The Maternal and Child (MCH) Interest Group enables fellows in the Maternal & Child Health Training (MCHT) Program to network, collaborate and share experiences with each other outside of class, meeting for one hour each week during the academic year. Attendance in this group is a requirement of the MCHT Program, but open to all graduate students in the Fielding School of Public Health as well as to the greater undergraduate UCLA student community interested in MCH issues.
MPH and PhD students enrolled in the school of public health are nominated to be part of the board each academic year. Executive and Committee Chairs engage students in the group to:
- Discuss peer-reviewed scientific literature about MCH
- Plan activities for advocacy and service in the community
- Collaborate with other organizations at UCLA
- Create content for the Maternal and Child Health Center of Excellence website
- Identify opportunities for students to write grant applications for additional funding; and
- Schedule academics at UCLA and professionals in public health agencies/organizations to speak to the group about their experiences, accomplishments, and challenges in working in the field of MCH
Interested in Joining?
Fill out this interest form to get started!
For other inquiries contact us at [email protected].
You can also find us on Instagram @mchsigucla.