15th International Thyroid Congress Trainee Poster Contest Winner:
Congratulations to Meaghan Barr for being selected as a poster contest winner.
Disorders of Thyroid Function Posters Clinical
THYROID DYSFUNCTION IN CHILDREN EXPOSED TO IODINATED CONTRAST MEDIA
Meaghan L. Barr, N. Li, A.M. Leung, M.W. Yeh, C. Rhee, J. Casillas, C.K. Harvey
“I am greatly honored to be selected as a Trainee Poster Contest Winner. Attending the 15th International Thyroid Conference was a wonderful learning experience, and it provided an excellent source of feedback for our group’s project. I am very grateful to my mentors, Drs. Leung, Chiu, and Yeh for this opportunity.”
– Meaghan Barr, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Meaghan Barr is a second-year medical student at David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. She completed her undergraduate degree at Yale University and graduated with a major in Biology. Read more on thyroid.org >
First year UCLA Medical students (from left): Stephanie Young, Stephanie Cham, and Amer Abdulla present their STTP projects at the 2012 Josiah Brown Poster Fair.
Members of the UCLA Endocrine Surgery Research Group: Where are they now?
We provide strong mentoring and career guidance. We are proud to say that 100% of our former full-time research trainees have gone on to secure the positions of their choice.
Bian Wu MS2 wins the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons best poster award (Madison, WI, 2008). Janice Pasieka, society president, is at left.
Residents and Post-doctoral fellows:
- Lilah F. Morris (resident, 2006-2011) – Endocrine surgery fellowship, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston TX.
- James E. Wiseman (resident, 2009-2011) – PGY4 position in general surgery, Methodist Hospital , Houston TX.
- Alexandra I. Stavrakis (medical student, 2006-2007) – Residency in orthopedic surgery, UCLA, Los Angeles CA.
- Rajan P. Kulkarni (medical student, 2007-2008) – Residency in dermatology, UCLA, Los Angeles CA.
- Andrew P. Dhanasopon (medical student, 2008-2009) – Residency in general surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital , Baltimore MD.
- Matthew Mossanen (medical student, 2008-2009) – Residency in urology, University of Washington , Seattle WA.
- Roy S. Hwang (medical student, 2008-2009) – Residency in neurosurgery, West Virginia University , Morgantown WV.
- Bian Wu (medical student, 2008-2009) – Residency in general surgery, UCSF, San Francisco CA.
- Kevin Ro (undergraduate student, 2008-2010) – UCLA medical school, Los Angeles CA.