Our mission is to provide healthcare for children, adolescents, and adults who are transgender or gender diverse that is sensitive to everyone’s individual needs. Everyone’s gender journey is unique. We recognize that every person requires something different and want to get to know you so that we can take care of you as a whole.
- Primary care: We can connect you with a primary care provider who is sensitive to the needs of the TGD community. These services may include:
- Preventive care: Based on your personal and family health history, we can help you determine your need for disease screening, including cancer, diabetes, and cholesterol. Gender-specific cancer screening (breast, cervical and prostate) in TGD patients is a uniquely challenging area, and we stay up to date on the most recent research and recommendations.
- Vaccinations: We offer a full array of vaccinations, and can help you to determine which are most important for you.
- Chronic disease management: We can manage many common chronic diseases, and refer you for specialty care for those that are more complex.
- Sexual health: These services may include prevention of and testing for sexually transmitted infections, and pregnancy prevention. For patients undergoing transition, we can discuss reproductive goals, and refer you to specialists to preserve fertility options.
- Management of hormone treatment or referral for specialty care: We manage certain hormone treatments from the office and can provide referrals for those we do not provide.
- Behavioral health services: We provide assessment, brief intervention, and referral assistance for behavioral health concerns such as anxiety, depression, and social difficulties.
- Referral coordination for gender-affirming surgeries: We can refer you to surgeons to provide a variety of gender-affirming surgeries if you desire. We can assist with coordinating coverage for these services through your insurance, when possible.
- Nutrition Services: Our staff nutritionists offer group classes and one-on-one sessions, including lessons on how to make smart food choices, lose weight and manage your diabetes, all designed to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Acute care availability 365 days a year: Our office is available 7 days a week for appointments or walk-ins and open on holidays for urgent issues that can be managed in the office.
UCLA Gender Health Program
1245 16th Street, Suite 125
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Amy Weimer, MD, Medical Director