Find your care
The Extensivist Program is designed to co-manage complex patients with our UCLA primary care and specialty physicians.
Patients who may benefit from an extensivist consultation:
- Patients with 2 or more hospital admissions or 4 or more ED visits in 12 months
- Patients requiring frequent office visits and intensive outpatient management
- Patients with chronic conditions such as congestive heart failure, cancer, COPD, asthma, chronic kidney disease, diabetes, and a history of solid organ transplantation
- Patients requiring comprehensive care coordination
How to Refer a Patient
The Extensivist Program consists of an in-office consultation with one of our extensivist physicians and a comprehensive evaluation by our extensivist care coordinator. We will determine at the time of office consultation if the patient may be a candidate for enrollment in the Extensivist Program. The visit would not serve as a transfer of care, as we serve as a co-management service. The recommendations and care plan will be shared with you after the visit.
Follow these steps:
- Enter the referral to outpatient Extensivist Program (REF 703) order in CareConnect.
- Extensivist staff will receive an in basket message and reach out to the patient to schedule a consultation with an extensivist physician.
Hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday