Find your care
Our skilled specialists lead the nation in advanced diagnostics and treatments for pancreatic disease and pancreatic cancer. Call 310-206-6889 to connect with us.
A pancreatic cancer diagnosis is something nobody wants to experience. But we want you and your loved ones to know that there are more effective treatment options available now than in the past.
At UCLA, our advanced testing capabilities let medical oncologists tailor chemotherapy drug combinations to the specific tumor. Our extensive clinical trials program also gives patients access to promising new drugs not widely available at other hospitals.
Chemotherapy for Pancreatic Cancer at UCLA
Chemotherapy (medical oncology) uses powerful drugs to kill cancer cells and shrink tumors. It can also reduce pain and other problems caused by pancreatic cancer.
Doctors may prescribe chemotherapy alone, with pancreatic cancer surgery and/or with radiation therapy, depending on your disease stage. Different chemotherapy drugs may be given orally or through an IV.
Highlights of UCLA’s medical oncology program include:
- Personalized treatment: Drug options for treating pancreatic cancer are growing. Based on molecular analysis of tumor samples, our medical oncologists prescribe the precise combination of drugs that will be most effective.
- Better outcomes: Our pancreatic cancer survival rates are among the best in the U.S.
- Clinical trial opportunities: As a leading pancreatic cancer research center, we offer clinical trials for all stages of pancreatic cancer.
- Expert team: Our medical oncologists are all experts in their field and have particular expertise in pancreatic cancer.
- Team approach: Our integrated practice unit provides comprehensive care for the whole patient. An entire team of specialists works together on your case, helping you get the most effective, personalized treatment possible.