Find your care
As leaders in COPD care, we deliver effective treatments and support. Call 310-825-8061 to connect with an expert.
The Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Program specializes in the comprehensive care of people with COPD and Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. We work in collaboration with the pulmonary hypertension program, the lung transplant program, thoracic radiology, thoracic surgery, interventional pulmonology, pathology, and the cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program to ensure state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for patients with COPD and Alpha-1. The center offers all levels of subsequent follow-up care in collaboration with referring primary physicians according to their preference.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with an COPD specialist, please call the COPD New Patient Coordinator at 310-825-8061. Please leave your name, contact number, and times when you are available to speak with the coordinator, and the coordinator will return your call promptly.
The coordinator will ask you or your doctor to fax the materials listed below. Fax to: 310-794-9718:
- Medical history and physical.
- Report of your most recent Pulmonary function test.
- Report of your most recent high resolution Chest CT scan (i.e. CAT scan of lungs).
- Your contact information.
We will review these materials and determine if further testing or records are needed prior to your appointment and then call you to make an appointment. Our goal is to ensure a comprehensive COPD clinic visit. You may also call the new patient coordinator with any questions.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
In order to enable your physician to properly evaluate your condition, please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Pulmonary function tests (i.e. PFTs): All PFTs are preferred; at a minimum, please bring the report from your most recent PFT.
- Chest CT scan (i.e. CAT scan of lungs): In addition to the most recent CT scan report, please obtain a CD with the CT images of lungs on it and bring it to your clinic appointment.
- Transthoracic echocardiogram: If you have had an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart), please bring the most recent echocardiogram report.
- Lung biopsy report: If you have had a lung biopsy, please bring the pathology report from your biopsy.
- Medication list: Always bring a list of your current medications. If possible, please also bring a list of any medications you have taken in the past for your lung disease and the dates you took these medications.
- Recent lab reports: Please bring any lab reports.
We are located at 200 UCLA Medical Plaza in Westwood. The clinic is on the third floor in suite B365. We ask you to come to your first appointment at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time so you have time to meet our staff members and complete necessary paperwork.
UCLA Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Program
200 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite B365
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Map and directions >
Selected Recent Publications >