Find your care
Our team is made up of experts and leaders in the art and science of plastic surgery. To learn more about our services, call 310-825-5510.
Shedding excess weight is one of the healthiest things you can do, but after you've lost the weight, you may discover that your skin no longer has the elasticity to adapt to your new, reduced body size. Surgical contouring removes the excess skin and residual fat while improving the shape of the underlying tissue. The result is a more normal appearance with smoother countours.
There are a number of different procedures that your surgeon can use to reduce excess tissue. During your consultation, you'll want to discuss your expectations and desired outcomes. Your surgeon will work with you to develop a custom surgical plan tailored to give you the best possible outcome. Common body contouring procedures include:
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) - corrects the "apron" of excess skin hanging over the abdomen.
- Arm Lift (brachioplasty) - corrects sagging of the upper arms.
- Belt Lipectomy - also called a lower body lift, corrects sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, groin and outer thighs.
- Breast lift (mastopexy) - corrects sagging and flattened breasts.
- Medial thigh lift - corrects sagging of the inner, outer and mid thigh.
These procedures are performed in stages usually following massive weight loss.Some procedures may also require an overnight or extended hospital stay.
Many of these procedures include excess skin removal as part of the correction.