Appointment/ Reappointment Requirements
- How do I submit documentation of my CME hours?
Continuing Medical Education hours are required every two years. A question on the attestation form will ask you to attest that you have completed the hours required to maintain your medical license, along with a brief listing of the activities completed. Please note that it is not necessary to submit certificates of attendance.
- I just completed Residency/Fellowship; I do not have CME hours. What do I enter?
It is not necessary to record CME hours if you recently completed a Residency or Fellowship. Please indicate on the attestation form: “I recently completed/will complete a Residency/Fellowship program.”
- I don’t see the correct privilege forms on the Provider Portal.
Contact the medical staff coordinator for your department or your department Chair for more information.
- What privilege categories should I select?
Category-A core privileges are generally privileges that require completion of a Residency only. Category-B and -C privileges generally require advanced training, such as an ACGME accredited Fellowship, board certification, or other advanced training. Should you need more assistance completing your privilege form, contact the Medical Staff Coordinator for your department. For members already on staff, you may view your current privileges at https://mednet.uclahealth.org/.
- I am applying for privileges at Santa Monica Hospital and do not know who to list as my covering physician on the Santa Monica Backup Coverage Sheet.
The covering physician is usually a colleague who is willing to provide backup coverage for you. Please contact the UCLA-Santa Monica Medical Staff Office should you have a question regarding whom to list.
- I cannot complete my TB Questionnaire because I am pending my results.
Please complete the questionnaire to the best of your knowledge and enter the expected date of when the TB skin test or Quantiferon will be completed. When available, fax your TB/Quantiferon results to (424) 291-4443, Attn: Credentialing Verification Office.
If you need to make an appointment for a TB test, please visit the OHF website: http://ohs.uclahealth.org/
- I already completed the HIPPA/MD-CICARE/ Radiation Safety training modules. Do I need to complete them again?
UCLA Health requires healthcare providers to complete these modules at the time of initial application and reappointment. If you believe you have recently completed the modules (within the past 18 months), please fax your certificates of completion to (424) 291-4443. Your results may not have been registered in the HR system accessed to verify completion of training modules.
- Why am I getting missing items notification emails?
Other required forms not on the Provider Portal may be pending (e.g. Training Modules). Please email [email protected] or call (310) 794-0440 for further inquiry.
- How do I know I have completed the online application process?
The application process is complete when your Portal application has been submitted and the additional requirements (TB Questionnaire, Training Modules) as noted on your credentialing notification email have been completed. For further confirmation, you may email [email protected].