MSN, RN, ACNS-BC
Specialty: Surgical Services
Hospital Affiliation: UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center
Professional Governance: Evidence-Based Practice Council - Mentor
Jasdhaul, M. COVID 19 In-Situ Simulations - CNSs collaborating to prepare staff for emergent events. NACNS. 2021 (Presentation)
Jasdhaul, M., Pancio, J., Tapia, A., Yeh, C. Collaboration Begins with "U" – Enculturating the Power of Teamwork! (Presentation)
Mamais, F., Jasdhaul, M., Gawlinski, A., Lawanson-Nichols, M., Kao, Y., Branom, R., & Ansryan, L. Z. (2022). The Agile Clinical Nurse Specialist: Navigating the Challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Clinical nurse specialist CNS, 36(4), 190–195.
Jasdhaul, M. (2013). Naon Core Curriculum for Orthopaedic Nursing (8th ed.). National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses.- Chapter reviewer
2022 Mentor Award- Maninder Jasdhaul, UCLA health
2022 DAISY team award- 4NW
2021 Drivers of Change Award - Clinical Nurse Specialist Team, UCLA Health, CENTER
2021 24-months Zero Harm Achievement Award For CLABSI Prevention on 3NW
2020 12-months Zero Harm Achievement Award for CAUTI prevention on 4NW
- 2022 Created and Implemented evidence-based urine retention management as part of the Nurse driven protocol for removal of unnecessary urinary catheters.
- 2022 Implementation of urine culture order sets with a required indication as part of urine culture stewardship program where a provider is guided to select indication per the recommendation of the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA). The effort will help in reducing unnecessary urine cultures, ultimately resulting in reduced CAUTI rates.
- 2022 Multi-prong approach in reducing CAUTI events for the UCLA health system as a Subject Matter expert resulting in a 25% reduction in CAUTI events for FY22 as compared to FY21.
- Total Hip Arthroplasty Pathway- With the Value-based care model, Orthopedic care of the patient has significantly changed in recent years. This requires standardized care, and great quality while lowering the cost of the care. Under the leadership of the Value and design team, the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Unit leadership, and multidisciplinary team, Total hip arthroplasty pathways were created, which has resulted in reduced length of stay and discharges to the Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- In-Situ Simulations for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for Patients with COVID19-
COVID 19 pandemic brought many challenges including utilizing the minimum number of staff in COVID 19 rapid responses and Code blues. This Clinical Nurse Specialist helped educate staff regarding this new process through In- Situ Rapid response and Code blue simulations in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. Debriefing following the mock events resulted in performance improvement and reinforced the main learning points. Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team made the program very successful. Staff welcomed in- situ practice codes to improve their confidence level.
- Journey to Zero harm - Clinical Nurse Specialist's contributions and mentoring led to Zero harm by achieving zero CLABSI events for four years by utilizing evidence-based practices in the daily care of the patients.