RSS Computer Ergonomics
UC Employees can now take ergonomic self-assessments online with the RSS Computer Ergonomics solution. Accessible 24/7, RSS Computer Ergonomics is an online solution that offers a simplified way to help identify ergonomic risks such as repetitive tasks that can cause injuries, improper work area setup, and improper use of tools, which can result in the development of work-related musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
With RSS Computer Ergonomics, users can:
- Electronically assign self-assessments
- Learn about ergonomics and how to properly adjust a computer workstation for a proper fit
- Efficiently complete ergonomic self-assessments.
- Easily track personal and/or supervised ergonomic assessments.
As part of our process, we ask that employees requesting onsite evaluation complete our online training and risk assessment module prior to having an onsite evaluation.
We believe that every employee at UCLA Health should be an active participant in limiting their risk of injury. Participation in the online training program engages employees in the ergonomic process and empowers them to make changes to prevent or reduce work-related discomfort.
The training portion will take no more than 20-30 minutes to complete but can be done in multiple sessions.
- RSS Computer Ergonomics Training and Risk Assessment
- User Guide - RSS Computer Ergonomics
- Video Tutorials - RSS Computer Ergonomics
Upon completion of the course, please contact UCLA Health Ergonomics if you are still interested in having an onsite evaluation.