NCUHS Volunteer Requirements
UPDATE (3/7/2022): Please note the following changes/impacts:
- New Applicants: We have implemented a new Database System. Please see below for the new process.
- Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences registered Volunteers may continue to resume onsite activities within the locations according to their approved scope of duties.
- Locations must be Non-Clinical buildings ONLY as indicated in their Scope.
- Requirements to be onsite:
- Volunteers must be currently registered and maintain “active” status under the faculty/staff’s assignment (faculty/staff will be notified of who is under their supervision today).
- Volunteers must wear their UCLA Volunteer ID Badge at all times WITH the COVID/Flu Badge buddies and Booster Sticker attached in order to be onsite. Our office handles the badging and sticker process.
- Volunteers must adhere to current UCLA Health COVID Guidelines and Protocols such as masking, physical distancing, hand hygiene, symptom tracker, and any updated requirements (i.e. Booster stickers, etc.).
- Volunteers are required to complete all training and health updates prompted by our office’s new database system. Please remind your volunteers to complete their expired/missing requirements as soon as possible.
Overview of the Entire Process
- Read the Volunteer Eligibility Requirements to make sure they qualify for volunteer status
- Apply as a new volunteer (or existing volunteer adding the new assignment) through the Opportunity link (Inviting Supervisors should have these to send to you via email)
- Complete the rest of the Volunteer Application via the Volunteer Dashboard (Click here for visual guide)
- Wait for confirmation email from the system to start the rest of the steps (our staff review the prescreening questions which are based on the eligibility criteria)
- Complete the rest of the steps (Paperwork and Forms, Background Check, Training Certificates, and Immunizations/Health Clearance Requirements)
- Attend On-Boarding Follow-Up Session with our coordinator
- Complete Orientation and Quiz
- Obtain clearance email and link to obtain an ID Badge from our office
EXPECT the following Paperwork to be completed as part of your Onboarding Process (via DocuSign):
- UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Agreement
- Elder, Child, and Domestic Abuse Reporting Forms
- Patent Acknowledgement Form
- Election for Worker's Compensation Form
- Code of Conduct Attestation
- Sexual Harassment Attestation
- NOTE: Minor Volunteers will be required to sign additional forms with their parents/guardians.
EXPECT the following Trainings to be completed as part of your Onboarding Appointment:
- HIPAA Privacy and Information Security Training
- CICARE Annual On-Line Training
- Radiation Safety: Radiation Hazard Awareness Training
- Encryption Policy: Use of Mobile Devices and Removable Media Policy Attestation
- Volunteers Cyber Security Training
- UCLA Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Training Modules
- Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences (NCUHS) Volunteer Program Training
- Laboratory Safety Fundamentals Training from UCLA Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) (Only if you will be in a lab or with lab experiments)
- Completed via UCLA EH&S Worksafe: https://worksafe.ucla.edu/UCLA/Programs/Standard/Control/elmLearner.wml
EXPECT the following Health Clearance items to be completed as part of your Onboarding Appointment:
1. NCUHS (Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences) Volunteer Medical Form
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap) Declination Form
- Hepatitis B Vaccine (Hep B) Declination Form
- Click Here to download the NCUHS Medical Clearance Form
2. Influenza Vaccine (Flu)
- Medical documentation of ONE Influenza (Flu) Vaccine administered On or AFTER August 1 of the calendar year. (Only required during Flu Season, effective November 1 to March/April.)
- Per UCLA Health Policy, Flu Vaccine Documentation may be required for those attending On-Boarding Appointments between mid-October and April.
3. COVID-19 Vaccines
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccinations are required in order to complete the On-Boarding Process (subject to change per policy):
- Proof of 2 dose vaccination of Pfizer or Moderna with 1 subsequent boosters OR
- Proof of 1 dose vaccination of Johnson & Johnson with 1 subsequent booster OR
- Proof of 1 bivalent booster
- For acceptable COVID Vaccines, please visit: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice
For any additional questions NOT listed in our FAQs, please contact the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Office.