Register to be an Organ Donor
Fast Facts About Organ Donation
- Today, more than 120,000 people in the United States are on the national transplant waiting list for a life-saving organ transplant. Over 22,000 are California residents.
- UCLA has performed 215 deceased donor kidney transplants.
- 95% of U.S. Adults support organ donation, but only 54% are actually signed up as donors.
- Every 10 minutes, another person is added to the waiting list.
- 20 people die each day waiting for a transplant
A lot of people think they can't donate because they are already diagnosed with a disease- this is not true! Anybody can donate.
> Read about Organ and Tissue Donation Myths
Please consider signing up for the donor registry if you haven't already.
1 person can:
- Restore health and heal the lives of up to 75 people
- Save up to 8 lives with organ donation
- Restore the sight of up to 2 people
If you have a non California license, you can register for a California ID and be able to sign up for the Organ and Tissue Donor Registry.
Disclaimer: The UCLA Health System cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information. The information is provided without warranty or guarantee of any kind. Please speak to your Physician before making any changes.