Members of the UCLA Department of Neurology are on the forefront of research in the field. They are frequently published in neurology journals as well as featured in popular media. A sampling of recent research papers and publications is shown here. Other coverage can be found on each faculty member’s profile page.
PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, includes over 14 million citations for biomedical articles back to the 1950s. These citations are from MEDLINE and additional life science journals. PubMed includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources. PubMed Website >
PubMed publications by our department: UCLA Neurology
Department of UCLA Neurology on PubMed >
- Thrombectomy 6 to 24 Hours after Stroke with a Mismatch between Deficit and Infarct.
Liebeskind DS, N Engl J Med.
- The Dynamic Landscape of Open Chromatin during Human Cortical Neurogenesis.
Geschwind DH. Cell.
- Cell-specific and region-specific transcriptomics in the multiple sclerosis model: Focus on astrocytes.
Itoh Y, Voskuhl RR. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.
- Cytoplasmic p53 couples oncogene-driven glucose metabolism to apoptosis and is a therapeutic target in glioblastoma.
- Detection of immune responses after immunotherapy in glioblastoma using PET and MRI.
Antonios JP, Soto H, Everson RG, Moughon DL, Wang AC, Orpilla J, Radu C, Ellingson BM, Lee JT, Cloughesy T, Phelps ME, Czernin J, Liau LM, Prins RM.
- Long-Term Outcomes of Patent Foramen Ovale Closure or Medical Therapy after Stroke.
Saver JL, Carroll JD, Thaler DE, Smalling RW, MacDonald LA, Marks DS, Tirschwell DL; RESPECT Investigators.
N Engl J Med. 2017 Sep 14;377(11):1022-1032. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1610057. PMID: 28902590.
- The pathophysiology of migraine: implications for clinical management.
Charles A. Lancet Neurol. 2017 Dec 8.
- Effect of general anaesthesia on functional outcome in patients with anterior circulation ischaemic stroke having endovascular thrombectomy versus standard care: a meta-analysis of individual patient data.
Campbell BCV, van Zwam WH, Goyal M, Menon BK, Dippel DWJ, Demchuk AM, Bracard S, White P, Dávalos A, Majoie CBLM, van der Lugt A, Ford GA, de la Ossa NP, Kelly M, Bourcier R, Donnan GA, Roos YBWEM, Bang OY, Nogueira RG, Devlin TG, van den Berg LA, Clarençon F, Burns P, Carpenter J, Berkhemer OA, Yavagal DR, Pereira VM, Ducrocq X, Dixit A, Quesada H, Epstein J, Davis SM, Jansen O, Rubiera M, Urra X, Micard E, Lingsma HF, Naggara O, Brown S, Guillemin F, Muir KW, van Oostenbrugge RJ, Saver JL, Jovin TG, Hill MD, Mitchell PJ; HERMES collaborators. Lancet Neurol. 2018 Jan.