Case Management and Care Coordination
At the UCLA Gender Health Program, we understand the unique challenges that gender-diverse patients face when searching for health care. Providing personalized care involves collaboration between specialty physicians, which is why we have a Care Coordinator as the first point of contact. Our dedicated Care Coordinator provides our gender-diverse patients with assistance in navigating the UCLA Health system, specifically including:
- Providing information about UCLA’s Gender Health Program.
- Taking an initial intake assessment in order to understand each person’s health care needs and goals.
- Ensuring patients are established with a primary care provider.
- Coordinating referrals for gender-affirming surgeries.
- Identifying appropriate providers and coordinating referrals for other supportive services.
- Coordinating insurance and benefits coverage.
- Advocacy within UCLA Health in all aspects of care.
- Providing linkages to UCLA and community-based resources.
For questions or additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (310) 267-4334.
Note: In order to protect your privacy, please do not include any personal images if you choose to e-mail us. Thank you.
UCLA Gender Health Program Manager
Christopher Mann, MSW & ASW
Chris Mann, the UCLA Gender Health Program Care Coordinator, completed his Master of Social Welfare degree at UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs where he focused on issues affecting LGBTQ+ identified older adults and was co-chair for the Luskin Pride LGBTQ Caucus. Since starting his position with the UCLA Gender Health Program, he helped spearhead UCLA Health’s inaugural participation in West Hollywood Pride as well as shaped LGBTQ trainings and presentations for the UCLA Health System. Chris will help patients and their families navigate insurances, health information, community based resources and policies affecting the trans and gender diverse communities. He looks forward to working with leadership to shape and cultivate the UCLA Gender Health Program and welcomes any and all who would like some assistance along their journey.