Find your care
UCLA Health is a safe and supportive environment for transgender and gender diverse patients. Call 310-267-4334 to make an appointment.
UCLA offers a variety of behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and adults who are transgender or gender-diverse.
These services may include:
- Assessment/Diagnosis: Assessment, and as indicated, diagnosis of behavioral health concerns and gender dysphoria. Assistance with referrals to mental health providers, such as therapists and psychiatrists, as appropriate.
- Therapy: Therapy sessions for gender identity exploration, support through social, medical, and/or surgical transition. Assistance with addressing behavioral health concerns such as anxiety, depression, and social difficulties.
- Medication Management: Management of psychiatric medications.
- Documentation: Assistance with obtaining documentation of medical and surgical readiness.
- Care Coordinator: At the UCLA Gender Health Program, we understand the unique challenges that gender-diverse patients face when searching for health care. Providing personalized care involves collaboration between specialty physicians, which is why we have a Care Coordinator as the first point of contact. Our dedicated Care Coordinator provides our gender-diverse patients with assistance in navigating the UCLA Health system, specifically including:
- Providing information about UCLA’s Gender Health Program.
- Taking an initial intake assessment in order to understand each person’s health care needs and goals.
- Ensuring patients are established with a primary care provider.
- Coordinating referrals for gender-affirming surgeries.
- Identifying appropriate providers and coordinating referrals for other supportive services.
- Coordinating insurance and benefits coverage.
- Advocacy within UCLA Health in all aspects of care.
- Providing linkages to UCLA and community-based resources.