Find your care
We offer neuromodulation for a wide range of movement disorders and pain conditions. Call 310-825-5111 to learn more about neuromodulation therapies.
The UCLA Neuromodulation for Movement, Neuropsychiatric and Pain Disorders Program has a reputation as a pioneer in the field of movement disorders and neuropsychiatric conditions and chronic pain.
As part of one of the nation's most prestigious academic medical centers, members of our team are actively involved in medical research and clinical studies to develop better treatments for the future.
We have published over 150 peer-reviewed neurosurgical and neurological articles and participated in dozens of national studies. In fact, we encourage all of our patients to participate in clinical trials so they can help improve our understanding of functional movement disorders and continue to advance the technology we use to treat them.
Take a look at some areas of active research:
- Treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Development of novel imaging technologies
- Improving surgical targeting, accuracy and efficacy
- Design of newer and more precise electrodes for deep brain stimulation (DBS)
- Using new technologies, such as focused ultrasound, to treat movement disorders
- Treatment of Anorexia Nervosa and other eating disorders
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Trials for Neuromodulation for Epilepsy
- Development of Neuromodulation for Depression, Anxiety, Pain and Addiction
- Understanding how the Brain Encodes Movements and Actions
- Understanding the Brain Circuitry of Memory and Emotion
Our team includes distinguished research faculty. Meet our team.