The UCLA Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program
Our fellowship mission
- To train clinically excellent hospice and palliative medicine physicians, ensuring a strong foundation of knowledge and skills in the management of physical, psychological, and spiritual distress.
- To develop expertise in providing interdisciplinary care.
- To encourage and celebrate diversity in our patients, trainees, faculty, and staff.
- To foster and prioritize resilience on a personal and professional level.
- To support trainees in the pursuit of scholarly activities including quality improvement, curriculum development, community outreach, or clinical research projects.
- To develop graduates of our program into leaders in the field of hospice and palliative medicine.
We are proud of the training program that we have created and continue to strive for improvement from year to year. We are also strongly committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and believe that we serve as an example for open dialogue, life-long learning, and compassionate quality care. Check out highlights from our GME Equity and Diversity Inclusion efforts and our Department of Medicine Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (DOMEDI).