Find your care
Radiologists are experts in all types of imaging, including advanced techniques.
Call today to find medical imaging near you and schedule your imaging procedure (MR, CT, PET, Dexa, Ultrasound).
- Cardiac viability evaluation
- Cardiac function evaluation
- Pre-ablation planning
- Sample Image
What are some key elements of this study?
- Pre-imaging evaluation by electrophysiology clinic
- Pre-imaging device programming by an electrophysiology NP
- Monitoring throughout the examination by electrophysiology NP
- Post-exam device reprogramming
Why this modality?
Ability to evaluate function and tissue viability/scarring
Who reads these studies?
What to do if there is a finding?
Followup with cardiologist
Why get this done at UCLA Radiology?
- One of few sites with a comprehensive implanted pacemaker/ICD scanning program including pre-imaging screening and monitoring throughout the image acquisition. We performed nearly 700 MR exams with implanted cardiac devices in 2019
- UCLA physicist Peng Hu developed the broad band protocol for acquiring cardiac images in the setting of pacemakers/ICD while minimizing artifact (now adopted at sites worldwide)
- Experienced MR technologists
- Onsite physician feedback and collaboration with MR technologists