Find your care
Radiologists are experts in all types of imaging, including advanced techniques.
Call today to find medical imaging near you and schedule your imaging procedure (MR, CT, PET, Dexa, Ultrasound).
- Congenital heart disease
- Venous thrombosis
- Aortic aneurysm
- Celiac artery compression in median arcuate ligament syndrome
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Peripheral artery disease
- Renal transplant evaluation
What are some key elements of this study?
- Consent for the administration of Ferumoxytol
- Slow intravenous administration of Ferumoxytol with oxygen and heart rate monitoring
- Post-contrast breathheld and free breathing imaging
- May include EKG-gated MRA
- Why this modality?
- Avoids requirement for gadolinium in patients with renal failure
- Provides steady state vascular imaging for optimal arterial and venous enhancement throughout the examination
- Non-nephrotoxic contrast
Who reads these studies?
What to do if there is a finding?
Followup with referring physician
Why get this done at UCLA Radiology?
- One of few sites in the region to offer imaging with Ferumoxytol
- Site of the Ferumoxytol imaging registry with vast experience in safely imaging with Ferumoxytol
- Advanced post-processing with 3D volumetric renderings and 4D flow analysis
- Experienced with complex congenital heart disease
- Highly skilled MR technologists with onsite physician oversight