Find your care
Our experienced robotic surgery team provides exceptional care. To learn more about our robotic surgery services, call 310-825-2631.
Gynecologic Robotic Surgery at UCLA
Women who used to have gynecologic surgery often had long recoveries of up to six weeks and large incisions that made recovery very difficult. With advances in gynecologic surgery, including robotic-assisted surgery, women today can expect a much shorter recovery from pelvic surgery.
The robotic gynecologic surgeons at UCLA are among the most experienced in the U.S., having performed more than 2,000 robotic surgeries since? 2007. We organize our robotic surgery program in teams, so that a the dedicated doctors, nurses and pain management professionals are best positioned to care for our robotic surgery patients every day. If you have cancer, our team approach to oncology treatment with robotic surgery and other services at UCLA makes this one of the best treatment centers for gynecologic cancer. Our doctors actively research how to improve outcomes and better manage pain after surgery.
Meet our robotic gynecologic surgeons
What is gynecologic robotic surgery?
Our talented and experienced surgeons use the daVinci robot to treat women with cancer as well as women who suffer from troubling gynecologic conditions, including:
- Pelvic prolapse
- Excessive menstrual bleeding
Our robotic gynecologic surgeons also use the robot to perform:
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Ovarian cystectomy
Learn more about robotic surgery
Why choose UCLA for robotic gynecologic surgery?
- Exceptional patient experience: At UCLA, we have designed the patient experience to be first and foremost. Our teams train together to ensure you have a comfortable and smooth surgical experience, from registration to post-recovery.
- Advanced technology: Robotic gynecologic surgery gives your surgeon the ability to move his or her wrist the full 360 degrees allowing for more complex surgical techniques. Further the advanced visualization the camera provides—including better optics and a high definition view—gives your surgeon an added advantage to help allow the best possible outcome.
- Faster recovery: The small incisions, increased visualization for your surgeon and precise movements of the robot all help to facilitate a faster recovery, less pain and quicker return to activity.
Is robotic surgery right for me?
Only a surgeon you trust can help you make that decision. Have a conversation with one of our UCLA robotic surgeons to determine if your condition can be treated by surgery and if so, if a robotic approach is right for you.
Phone: 800-UCLA-MD1 (or 310-825-2631)