The UKEEP (UCLA Kidney Education Enhancement Program) event is a free comprehensive educational program for patients with kidney disease.
Our Mission: A diverse group of specialists in their fields are invited to give talks to patients to help patients be their own advocates. This program will give valuable information about realistic and manageable changes patients can make in their daily life to improve their well-being, and prevent future health problems.
The interactive sessions will include free educational materials and other resources.
Take a look at what types of talks are given at these UKEEP Events!
- Healthy lifestyle and diet
- High blood pressure
- Kidney management- how to slow kidney disease progression
- Types of kidney disease: CKD, PKD, Fabry Disease, Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Types of dialysis: peritoneal dialysis, home hemodialysis & hemodialysis
- Kidney transplant
- Insurance issues
- Heart disease
- And many more!
- Social workers
- Patients sharing their stories
Interested in checking out a free and educational UKEEP? Click here to sign up for the next one!