Volunteer Eligibility Requirements
Please review the eligibility requirements before proceeding:
- Required Age:
- 18 years or older
- Minors (aged 16-17 years old): Please check the Minor Volunteer - UCLA Heath Sciences program website for more information.
- NOTE: applicants must be 18 years or older for the School of Dentistry and the Departments of Head and Neck Surgery, Neurobiology, OBGYN, Ophthalmology, Surgery, and Urology.
- COVID UPDATE: Faculty should reach out to their departments to confirm whether Minors are permitted or not during COVID restrictions.
- Required Documentation:
- All individuals are required to have a valid government issued ID, driver's license or passport (required for ID Badge)
- Policies and Restrictions:
- If you will be receiving any monetary payment/stipend/compensation for providing services, unfortunately, you are NOT eligible for this program.
- Exceptions apply to UCLA Students enrolling in research elective courses and other circumstances case by case.
- Degreed Professionals:
- If you currently hold a professional degree (i.e. PhD, MD, DDS, or equivalent to a doctoral degree, etc.) or professional license, our office is unable to process you for this program. Please check your inviting department regarding an Academic Appointment.
- Visa Status/Internationals:
- Our office is only approved to process international individuals who are full-time matriculating UCLA Students on F-1 Visas issued by Dashew Center. The end date of the volunteer assignment will be the student's graduation date. We are unable to accept any other UC students on Visa statuses.
- UCLA Employees:
- Previous or current UCLA Employees/Work-Study may NOT volunteer for the SAME department and/or supervisor.
- Previous or current Employees/Work-Study may NOT conduct unpaid volunteer duties within the SAME or SIMILAR capacity/role/nature of their previous or current job description
- Near-Relative: A volunteer may NOT provide services within the same department/division of an employee who is a near-relative or family member.
- For School of Dentistry: A volunteer may NOT provide services within the same division or unit/section of an employee who is a near-relative or family member.
- Current UCLA Volunteers:
- Volunteers may NOT start in more than ONE assignment. You must complete the MINIMUM commitment of hours in your current assignment before adding or transferring into another (approvals may be required even if minimum hours are reached):
- UCLA Health Sciences Program Assignments: 50 Hours
- For other Volunteer Programs, please check with your Volunteer Coordinator.
- To add a new assignment, please complete a new Pre-Screening application to be approved and assigned by the program coordinator.
- Other eligibility criteria may be included based on information provided.
To proceed, please return to the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Program Homepage for more information.