We define “print” as any communication or marketing material that is not typically distributed through digital channels. Print templates are designed to help you use UCLA’s brand elements such as the logo, color palette and special fonts for the greatest effect. They can be altered somewhat to accommodate your specific needs.
For instance, the amount of copy on a newsletter or invitation may vary. The number of logos for department or unit sponsors at the bottom of a flyer can expand or contract, but remember to avoid changing the size and color of a logo. For more information on logos, colors, copy and imagery, visit the section on Logos.
Invitation and newsletter templates are currently being developed and will be available for download at a later date. Word files will be included in download bundles as an alternative to InDesign files where appropriate.
For any other print communications requests, please follow the “Project Request Guidelines” listed below in the Collateral section.
Physicians, faculty and staff, can choose from approved UCLA Health business cards, envelopes and letterhead templates that are available via our approved vendor Castle Press.
Physician Announcement Cards
How to order Physician Announcements and Information Cards
1. Go to castlepress.net/uclahealth
2. Go to the UCLA Health menu page (you will need to sign in and create a password of you do not have one already)
3. Scroll down and you will see Physician Announcement & Information Cards under Specialty Items.
4. Please note there are two versions of the front (the backs are the same):
- Announcement — this is to announce new faculty. You will see at the top the words say “Department of XXX welcomes”
- Information — this is for existing faculty who want to use them to promote themselves. You will see the line with the Department name does not have “welcomes”
- Each version has two choices — one for more copy and one for less
5. All backs are the same: a summary of the components of UCLA Health.
6. You will need to upload a photo of the physician who must be wearing a white coat.
7. Use the samples that are posted as your template for what to include. Be sure to proofread carefully.
Marketing will need to approve before they are printed.
8. As with ordering business cards, you will need to provide a PO.
UCLA Health Marketing Communications is committed to assisting staff and faculty with their internal and external communications needs. If your unit has a need for communications collateral, including brochures, flyers, postcards and posters, please follow the Project Request Guidelines.