What are we looking for?
The UCLA Pediatric Residency program looks for residents who have the potential and commitment to improve the health of all children. We seek individuals who bring their diverse talents, experiences, and accomplishments to the training setting. We look forward to your application and thank you in advance for your interest.
- UCLA GME requires all incoming PGY-1 residents to take and pass USMLE Step 1 and 2 (CS and CK) or COMLEX Level 1 and 2 before the beginning of their training at UCLA. A USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 score is required before the residency interview.
- We require at least 3 Letters of Recommendation. We do not require a Pediatric Department Chair's letter. We do request that at least one letter comes from a Pediatric clinical experience.
- Please note: The UCLA Pediatric Residency Application Review Committee practices holistic review. We do not have cut off criteria for medical school graduation date or USMLE or COMLEX exam scores. All applications will be reviewed and considered.
How to apply:
All applications are submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We require that applicants register with the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and submit the appropriate application materials. Our program number is 3200521032.
- Categorical NRMP#: 1956320C0
- Physician Scientist Program NRMP#:1956320C1
Graduates from International Medical Schools listed on the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education (FAIMER) and Research World Directory of Medical Schools joint directory or the World Directory of Medical Schools will be eligible to apply. Visas are reviewed on a case by case basis. Typically, J1 visas are preferred. For more DGSOM visa policies, please click here.
NEW! Virtual Resources for Prospective Applicants:
Explore UCLA Health and our training environment.
For additional information, please:
- E-mail us: [email protected]
- Follow us online:
- Twitter @alanchinmd
- Instagram @uclapedsresidency