The UCLA Family Medicine Archives is a repository for peer-selected presentations given during the Educational Half-days for the UCLA Family Medicine Residency Program. While these presentations are relevant to the field of Family Medicine, they are available for all clinicians to supplement their learning in their patient care, community work, or personal careers.
UCLA Family Medicine Archives Committee
- Consists of faculty members in the UCLA Family Medicine Department
- Meets twice a month to review the lectures/PowerPoint presentations given at the Educational Half-days for the UCLA Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Decides which presentations meet the criteria listed below.
- In order for the presentation to qualify for placement on the website, it must receive 2/3 or higher vote.
- The evaluation criteria includes but is not limited to:
- Should be of interest to the field of Family Medicine
- The presentation will benefit clinicians in their care of patients, their community work or their careers
- The material is well presented and organized
- The presentation appears accurate and well researched
- The presentation is unbiased
Submission Portal: UCLA Family Medicine Archives Submission Portal (password protected)
If you have any questions, please contact Carole Barrinuevo.
- Mind-Body-Spirit Connections in Modern Healthcare - Lauren Kim, M.D. (December 16, 2020)
- Diets in 2020-2021 - Lynne Garcia, R.D.E. and Daniel Lee, M.D. (December 2, 2020)
- Utilizing eConsults and Cases - Daniel Lee, M.D. (November 4, 2020)
- Exercise Prescription - James Puffer, M.D. (November 4, 2020)
- HPV and Head and Neck Cancers - Brooke Su-Velez, M.D., Lauran Evans, M.D., M.P.H., Shaghauyegh Azar, M.S. (September 30, 2020)
- PRP Injections for the Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis: A Meta-Analysis of RCT’s - Christopher Silva, M.D. (September 30, 2020)
- Preconception Counseling - Denise Sur, M.D. (September 23, 2020)
- California 2020 Policy and Politics Update - Arthur Ohannessian, M.D. (September 16, 2020)
- Constipation in Childhood: The Back(ed) Up Plan - Jolie Cooperman, M.D (September 9, 2020)
- Diagnosis Coding & CMS Risk Adjustment - Bernard J. Katz, M.D. (August 26, 2020)
- How To Get Rich...Slowly. Part II: Retirement - Phillip Brown, M.D. and Anita Wong, M.D. (August 12, 2020)
- Basic E&M Coding - Bernard J. Katz, M.D. (July 1, 2020)
- Physical Activity in Older Adults - Alex Hu, M.D. (July 2020)
- Medication and Management Pearls for Common Medical Conditions - Dan Lee, M.D. (June 3, 2020)
- Chronic Kidney Disease in Primary Care - Monica Plesa, M.D. (January 22, 2020)
- High Blood Pressure in Pediatrics - Monica Plesa, M.D. (November 6, 2019)
- Post Menopausal Bleeding and the EMBs That Follow - Monica Plesa, M.D. (July 9, 2019)
- Management of Cirrhosis in Primary Care - Anita Wong, M.D. (May 15, 2019)