Step 2: On-Boarding Appointment
Orientation Guide and Dress Code
Review the following information prior to your Onboarding Appointment.
Once your Pre-Screening Application has been approved, you will receive an "Approval" email with instructions to proceed to STEP 2, the email will include:
COVID-19 Update: On-Boarding will be done complete remotely in accordance with the temporary pause of all in-person and onsite activities.
- The website link to STEP 1 Requirements (Clinical or Non-Clinical).
- COVID-19 Update: You will be emailed an invitation to "collaborate" via UCLA Health BOX, please log in using the email address in which the invite was sent to. UCLA Students, please provide your UCLA gmail to use your Student Box Account.
- Instructions on how to complete the online UCLA Background Check (we do NOT accept background clearances other than the one our Internal System provides).
- The website link to sign up for an Onboarding Appointment.
- COVID-19 Update: Appointments are completed via Zoom, please see link in the sign up post for the time/date you signed up for.
The Onboarding Appointment is required to be completed in-person before proceeding to STEP 3.
Appointments should last approximately 10-15 minutes. Please arrive on-time, latecomers are not permitted and are required to reschedule.
All Step 1 Requirements (Clinical or Non-Clinical) must be printed and brought to the appointment. NOTE: If you are missing any requirements, you will be asked to reschedule.
Register for ONE appointment ONLY; anyone signed up for multiple appointments will have all of their spots be removed from the sign up page.
COVID-19 Update: All in-person and onsite activities are temporarily paused.
Center for Health Sciences (CHS) Room 18-231
760 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Please see MAP for directions to our office.
If you signed up for an Onboarding Appointment but are unable to attend because of a scheduling conflict or you have not completed all of the requirements, we ask that you please go back to the sign up page and remove yourself from the sign up.
What to Expect:
- During the Onboarding Appointment, the coordinator will check all of your paperwork to verify that you have met the requirements. NOTE: If you are missing any requirements, you will be asked to reschedule.
- Once all paperwork and health clearance items are cleared, we will also check if we received your background check results (or if you have any other approvals delaying the process).
- If you are a Clinical Research Volunteer or UCLA SRP Student who will have access to identifiable data or study participants in an IRB-Approved study, you are required to be approved on the IRB study in order to assist in any clinical capacity (clinical data, interact with test subjects, etc.). Our office verifies with the IRB Office to ensure protocol is met before finalizing your clearance.
- If you are a Research Volunteer or UCLA SRP Student who will have access to materials that require IBC and ARC approvals, our office verifies with the IBC and ARC Office to ensure protocol is met before finalizing your clearance.
- The results of the background check are sent to our office. Clearance may take 4-10 business days. Once you have been cleared and you do not have any other delays (ex. IRB approvals), then we will send you an email with instructions to sign up for the Final Session Orientation.
- Parking is not provided, for convenience parking locations, please visit: https://thewestwoodvillage.com/visit/parking/
- Dress Code for Appointment: None (However, please wear appropriate clothing.)
For questions, please visit our FAQ Page.