Orientation Guide and Dress Code
Review the following information prior to your Onboarding Appointment.
The Onboarding Appointment (also known as the In-Person Follow-Up Visit/Orientation in Samaritan) is required to be completed before proceeding to STEP 3.
Appointments should last approximately 10-15 minutes (via Zoom for now). Please arrive on-time, latecomers are not permitted and are required to reschedule.
All Requirements (Clinical or Non-Clinical) must be completed in order to sign up for an appointment.
Register for ONE appointment ONLY; anyone signed up for multiple appointments will have all of their spots be removed from the sign up page.
If you signed up for an Onboarding Appointment but are unable to attend because of a scheduling conflict or you have not completed all of the requirements, we ask that you please go back to the sign up page and remove yourself from the sign up.
What to Expect:
- During the Onboarding Appointment, the coordinator will verify that you have met the requirements. NOTE: If you are missing any requirements, you will be asked to reschedule.
- Once all paperwork and health clearance items are cleared, we will also check if we received any other approvals in order to proceed:
- If you are a Clinical Research Volunteer or UCLA SRP Student who will have access to identifiable data or study participants in an IRB-Approved study, you are required to be approved on the IRB study in order to assist in any clinical capacity (clinical data, interact with test subjects, etc.). Our office verifies with the IRB Office to ensure protocol is met before finalizing your clearance.
- If you are a Research Volunteer or UCLA SRP Student who will have access to materials that require IBC and ARC approvals, our office verifies with the IBC and ARC Office to ensure protocol is met before finalizing your clearance.
- The results of the background check are sent to our office electronically. Clearance may take 4-10 business days. Once you have been cleared and you do not have any other delays (ex. IRB approvals), then we will verify completion of the appointment for you to proceed to the Final Session Orientation (QUIZ).
- Parking is not provided, for convenience parking locations, please visit: https://thewestwoodvillage.com/visit/parking/
- Dress Code for Appointment: None (However, please wear appropriate clothing.)
For questions, please visit our FAQ Page.