Step 2: On-Boarding Appointment
Orientation Guide and Dress Code
Review the following information prior to your Onboarding Appointment.
- Orientation Guide (Coming Soon)
- UCLA Health Dress Code Guidelines
- Clinical UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Program Orientation Information
- Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Program Orientation Information
Once your Pre-Screening Application has been approved, you will receive an "Approval" email with instructions to proceed to STEP 2, the email will include:
- The website link to STEP 1 Requirements (Clinical or Non-Clinical).
- Instructions on how to complete the online UCLA Background Check (we do NOT accept background clearances other than the one our Internal System provides).
- The website link to sign up for an Onboarding Appointment.
The Onboarding Appointment is required to be completed in-person before proceeding to STEP 3.
Appointments should last approximately 10-15 minutes. Please arrive on-time, latecomers are not permitted and are required to reschedule.
All Step 1 Requirements (Clinical or Non-Clinical) must be printed and brought to the appointment. NOTE: If you are missing any requirements, you will be asked to reschedule.
Register for ONE appointment ONLY; anyone signed up for multiple appointments will have all of their spots be removed from the sign up page.
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Volunteer Office
757 Westwood Plaza, Suite B791
Los Angeles, CA, 90095
If you signed up for an Onboarding Appointment but are unable to attend because of a scheduling conflict or you have not completed all of the requirements, we ask that you please go back to the sign up page and remove yourself from the sign up.
What to Expect:
- During the Onboarding Appointment, the coordinator will check all of your paperwork to verify that you have met the requirements. NOTE: If you are missing any requirements, you will be asked to reschedule.
- Once all paperwork and health clearance items are cleared, we will also check if we received your background check results (or if you have any other approvals delaying the process).
- If you are a Clinical Research Volunteer or UCLA SRP Student who will have access to identifiable data or study participants in an IRB-Approved study, you are required to be approved on the IRB study in order to assist in any clinical capacity (clinical data, interact with test subjects, etc.). Our office verifies with the IRB Office to ensure protocol is met before finalizing your clearance.
- If you are a Research Volunteer or UCLA SRP Student who will have access to materials that require IBC and ARC approvals, our office verifies with the IBC and ARC Office to ensure protocol is met beforefinalizing your clearance.
- The results of the background check are sent to our office. Clearance may take 4-10 business days. Once you have been cleared and you do not have any other delays (ex. IRB approvals), then we will send you an email with instructions to sign up for the Final Session Orientation.
- Parking is not provided, for convenience parking locations, please visit: http://www.thewestwoodvillage.com/where-to-park/
- Dress Code for Appointment: None (However, please wear appropriate clothing.)
- I am missing one of the requirements, can I still attend the Onboarding Appointment?
- Unfortunately, you must have ALL requirements completed in order to move to the next step. We will not keep uncompleted packets, if lost, you will be required to re-complete the entire paperwork.
- Do I have to attend the Onboarding Appointment in-person?
- Yes, all appointments are in-person to pertain to your individual assignment.
- What if I am out-of-state (or not within the area)?
- Please schedule an appointment the day you will arrive. Please remember that we do not process clearances for volunteers providing services remotely or off-site.
- I was applying for another assignment, can I do both at the same time?
- Unfortunately, you must choose a priority assignment and complete 50 hours in order to add the other assignment.
- What if my assignment form was changed, can I still be processed?
- We can only complete your clearance process if your assignment form is approved. If there were any revisions or changes made and the form is pending approval, most likely your clearance process will be delayed.
For additional questions, please contact the Program Coordinator according to your assignment type:
Clinical UCLA Health Sciences: CRV@mednet.ucla.edu
Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences: NCV@mednet.ucla.edu