Monday through Friday: 9am- 5pm
Same-day appointments are available
when appropriate. Please contact our
scheduler to learn more.
The UCLA Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) Clinic provides rapid, accurate, state-of-the-art diagnostic information to support personalized medical care. Our highly experienced faculty and staff perform accurate fine needle aspiration with ultrasound guidance, and our clinic has access to the most up-to-date molecular and ancillary testing modalities.
UCLA Fine Needle Aspiration Clinic offers
- Rapid ultrasound guided diagnostic evaluation of superficial lesions, including skin, soft tissue, breast, and head & neck tissue (e.g. thyroid and salivary gland).
- Same-day appointment and same-day preliminary diagnosis are available to referring physician
- Ultrasound guidance for precision FNA biopsy
- Safe and minimally invasive diagnostic procedure
- Additional material can easily be obtained for flow cytometry, molecular and genetic testing, immunohistochemical and microbiological studies
- On-site adequacy assessment
- Support to make informed patient management decisions
- Cost-effective services
Neda Moatamed, MD
Cytopathologist, Clinical Director
Jianyu Rao, MD
Director of Cytopathology
Peggy Sullivan, MD
FNA Clinic Co-Director
Teresa Kim, MD
David Y. Lu, MD