Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to the recruitment of residents who self-identify as underrepresented in medicine to the UCLA Pediatric Residency Program.
By building a multicultural resident community, we ultimately aim to create a diverse and culturally sensitive workforce that reflects and responds to the needs of our increasingly diverse population. Los Angeles is one of the most diverse training grounds for resident physicians, and UCLA boasts an abundance of resources for those interested in culture and health disparities.
We hope to actively recruit a diverse intern class to add to the richness of experiences already represented in our program.
Click here to learn more about DGSOM's commitment to training physicians from all backgrounds.
Our Program Diversity Data
The charts below show the current program make up (inclusive of Pediatric & Medicine-Pediatric residents). Visit the Los Angeles County Quick Facts page to view population demographic data.
Pediatric Residency Diversity Committee (PRDC)
Established in 2008, the Pediatric Residency Diversity Committee (PRDC) supports UCLA's Overarching Goals for Diversity and Community through:
- Creating a forum for celebrating and valuing diversity
- Establishing a role in the resident recruitment process and identifying outreach and education projects
- Serves as a source of support for current and prospective residents
- Identifies educational and patient goals around issues of cultural sensitivity partnered with the UCLA Pediatric Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
What we do:
- Diversity Series Noon Conference Lectures
- Book Clubs
- Applicant Diversity Dinners
- Medical Student Outreach
- Resident Support
- Community Projects
Click here to learn more about the Pediatric Residents!
Visiting Elective Scholarship Program
For interested fourth year medical students, please see information about our Visiting Elective Scholarship Program.